In today’s competitive job market, it’s more important than ever to take control of your career and maximize your earning potential. One of the best ways to do this is to find contracts directly from clients rather than going through third-party companies. By cutting out the middleman, you can negotiate higher rates and keep more of your hard-earned money.
While it may seem daunting to find contracts on your own, there are a number of resources and strategies available to help you succeed. With a bit of effort and dedication, you can build a thriving freelance career and earn the compensation you deserve.
It’s important for IT professionals to take the time to plan their careers and make informed decisions about their next move. Waiting until the last minute to start looking for a new contract can put you in a stressful situation and make it more difficult to find the best possible opportunity.
How Contracting Works: An Example
Let’s consider an example of how contracting works. Imagine a client who wants to build a hybrid cross-platform mobile app for their business and needs to hire a developer. A staffing agency reaches out to help and the client agrees.
If you, as a candidate, apply directly to the employer, it is considered a direct application. However, if you submit your resume to the agency and also try to send your resume directly, the agency may claim exclusivity over you as a candidate. This is because you have submitted your information to them, and they may have invested time and resources in trying to find you a job.
The only way to avoid this situation is if you find the job posting directly on the employer’s website without being contacted or phoned about it. In that case, you can apply directly and the agency will not have any claim to you.
Now, let’s say that staffing agency 1, the one that the client originally contacted, starts searching for a candidate and realizes that the candidate they are looking for is with staffing agency 2. Staffing Agency 2 is also trying to secure a contract for the candidate, as they have a relationship with the candidate on mutual grounds.
The employer has a budget and is willing to pay $100/hr to staffing agency 1. If staffing agency 1 gets the contract, the staffing agency will make around $10-25/hr and the agency will pay the candidate $75-85/hr. This is the first cut from the candidate’s potential to earn $100/hr.
Secondly, if Staffing Agency 1 gets the candidate through Staffing Agency 2, then the rate will be even further distributed. For example, the employer pays $100/hr to Staffing Agency 1, Staffing Agency 1 pays Staffing Agency 2 $75-85/hr after taking its cut, and then Staffing Agency 2 will take its own cut and pay the consultant $55-65/hr.
These are called layers. If you take the time to understand how these layers work, you can plan your job search and potentially save money on fees. You can also consider working with a consultant who can help you identify potential clients, negotiate rates, and manage the paperwork involved in securing a new contract.
Here are some tips for IT professionals who are looking for new contracts:
- Start your search early. Don’t wait until your current contract is up to start looking for a new one. The earlier you start, the more time you’ll have to find the right opportunity.
- Do your research. Identify companies that you’re interested in working for and research their projects and needs. This will help you tailor your resume and cover letter to each specific position.
- Network with people in your industry. Attend industry events, join professional organizations, and connect with people on LinkedIn. Let your network know that you’re looking for new opportunities.
- Hire a consultant. If you’re short on time or don’t have the experience to find contracts on your own, consider hiring a consultant to help you. A consultant can help you identify potential clients, negotiate rates, and manage the paperwork involved in securing a new contract. (I can do that for you on behalf of you )
How This Service Works
Hiring me for this service would be simple, transparent, and built on trust. I would charge an affordable one-time fee for this service, which is applicable to IT professionals in the United States of America only.
What you need to do is simply contact me through my website and I will send you service details. Once you read through our agreement details and pay the fee, I will schedule a call as per your availability. We will both get on a video call to understand each other, your profile, the types of jobs you are interested in, locations, states, cities, interview availabilities, and your rate.
As per your request, I will work on your behalf with your resume with my contact details on it and act as your virtual job search assistant. I will constantly target potential contract jobs on sites, forums, groups, communities, networks, and through connections. Once a client is interested in hiring you, I will contact you and share your availability as we discussed earlier on the call.
This would save you time on your current job to market your resume, arrange your interviews, discuss your rates and negotiate, and respond to recruiters and employers. You will just continue to focus on your job, check your emails timely, receive the call from me according to your mentioned times and respond to the contract jobs shared with you.
My service value
Let’s say you are looking for a new home. You could spend hours searching online, driving through neighborhoods, and making phone calls to real estate agents. However, if you hired a real estate agent, they would do all the legwork for you and find you the perfect home.
Hiring me as your virtual job search assistant is like hiring a real estate agent without a mediator or third party to cut your deserving rate for your career. I will do all the legwork for you and find you the perfect contract job.
Benefits of Working with Me
- Save time and effort. I will do all the legwork for you so you can focus on your current job.
- Get access to more opportunities. I have a wide network of contacts and I am constantly on the lookout for new contract jobs.
- Get help negotiating your rates. I will help you negotiate your rates so that you get the best possible compensation.
Contact Me Today
If you are an IT professional in the United States of America and you are looking for a new contract job, please contact me today to learn more about my services.
- I am a trusted advisor. I have a proven track record of success in helping IT professionals find contract jobs.
- I am committed to your success. I will work tirelessly to find you the perfect contract job.
- I am affordable. I offer a one-time fee that is much lower than the cost of working with a traditional recruiting agency.
I am confident that I can help you find your next contract gig. Contact me today to get started!