Technical recruiting is a specialized field of recruiting that focuses on finding and hiring qualified candidates for technical roles. Technical recruiters must have a deep understanding of the technical skills and experience that are required for the roles they are recruiting for. They must also be able to build relationships with candidates and convince them to join their company.
Technology is constantly evolving, and it can be difficult for Technical Recruiters to keep up with the latest trends. However, it is important to understand technology and technical skills in order to confidently source, recruit and interview technical talent.
Once you have a basic understanding of technology, you can start to develop your technical skills. There are many different technical skills that you can learn, such as coding, web development, graphic design, and data analysis.
There are various categories of technology and services based upon the type of solution, services, or product provided by the company but to list all major technical services under technology following are the 9 main categories of services shown below.
- Application Development Services
- Testing and Support Services
- Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- Business Process Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- IT Infrastructure
- Cloud – Mobility
- Legacy Modernization
- Product Engineering
- Application development services: Application development services are provided to businesses or stakeholders who are looking to build an application software for themselves or their business could be in any industry such as information technology, healthcare, dental, industrial, e-commerce, engineering and etc. These applications could be web, mobile apps, or stand-alone applications based on the requirements. Within these, IT services business analysts, software developers, and project managers communicate with stakeholders to understand complete requirements, flow, design and etc.
- Quality Assurance and Testing Services: Application testing tools in software testing can be defined as products that support various test activities starting from planning, requirement gathering, build creation, test execution, defect logging, and test analysis. These testing tools are mainly used for testing software firmness, thoroughness, and other performance parameters. Various kinds of testing methodologies are:
- Test Management
- Automated Testing
- Cross-browser Testing
- Load Testing
- Defect Tracking
- Mobile Testing
- API Testing
- Security Testing
- CSS Validator
3. Data Warehousing And Business Intelligence: Data warehousing is the process of constructing and using a data warehouse. A data warehouse is constructed by integrating data from multiple heterogeneous sources that support analytical reporting, structured and/or ad hoc queries, and decision-making.
Data Warehousing Tools
- Amazon Redshift
- Microsoft Azure
- Micro Focus Vertica
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- SAP HANA
- Db2 Warehouse
- BI360 Data Warehouse
4. Business Process Management: BPM software supports the activity of BPM by allowing users to design, model, execute, automate, and analyze process workflows. A process is usually defined as a set of activities or tasks that are linked together based on conditions. Processes might involve person-to-person interactions or system-to-system.
- Employee onboarding
- Expense reporting
- Time off requests
- Account management
- Invoice management
- Loan origination
- Compliance management
- Customer requests and service orders
- Complaint management
- Project management or development
Business Process Management Tools List
5. Enterprise Resource Planning: Enterprise resource planning (ERP) refers to a type of software that organizations use to manage day-to-day business activities such as accounting, procurement, project management, risk management and compliance, and supply chain operations.
Different Types of Enterprise Resource Software
- Generalist ERP
- Vertical ERP
- Small Business ERP
- Open-Source ERP
List of all major ERP Software companies
- SAP ERP
- B1 Business Solutions
- Microsoft NAV
- Oracle EnterpriseOne
- E-business Suite Financials
6. Information Technology Infrastructure: Any physical component of the technology segment comes under IT infrastructures both physical and cloud that is the computer, network, and hardware.
Key Components of IT Infrastructure
- Hardware – comprises routers, switches, data centers, servers, hubs, computers, and more.
- Network – covers firewalls and security, internet connectivity, and network enablement.
- Operating system (OS) platforms – typically dominated by Windows and
- Linux systems. The software manages system activities and resources.
- Software – incorporates various types of productivity applications.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) programs are good examples.
IT Infrastructure service management includes
- Server Management
- Network Management
- Database Management
- IT Security Management
- Virtualization Solutions
7. Cloud – Mobility Services: The process of using a network of remote servers hosted on the Internet to store, manage, and process data, rather than a local server or a personal computer.
- Social Mobile Analytics and Cloud (SMAC) Technology
8. Legacy to Modernization: A legacy system is any application based on older methods or technologies that continue to be used; even though more efficient methods or improved technologies are now available.
Legacy modernization, also known as software modernization or platform modernization, refers to the conversion, rewriting, or porting of a legacy system to a modern computer programming language, software libraries, protocols, or hardware platform.
9. Product Engineering: Product engineering refers to the process of designing and developing a device, assembly, or system such that it be produced as an item for sale through some production manufacturing process.
- Monolithic Kernel
- Micro Kernel
- Hybrid Kernel
- Exo Kernel
- Nano Kernel
Thank you for taking the time to read about this blog and I hope you might have definitely enjoyed reading it. If you or your organization is in need of training your staff on technology for recruitment, emailing, cold calling, sales, and business development. You can reach out to me by filling information on the contact form with your requirements.
Want to become a Technical Recruiter? Visit and sign up for the course here www.thestaffingcircle.com